Updated: Friday 7 June 2019
Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Council, the Culture Development and Events Team and the Knowsley Flower Show Committee.
Knowsley Flower Show is the flagship horticultural and community event for the borough of Knowsley. The event is classed as one of the best free shows of its kind in the northwest, attracting in excess of 20,000 people throughout the day.
Why do you need my information?
We may need and collect your information for the following:
- Making bookings and confirming details of exhibiting at the show.
- Future awareness of forthcoming Knowsley Flower Show events.
- Inviting comments regarding experience of the website itself in terms of content and usability.
The Knowsley Flower Show website has an informational purpose for both exhibitors and visitors. We do not use your information to sell any goods and services.
What allows you to use my information?
We will use your data with your consent. You have the right to change your mind about our use of your data at any point.
Who will my information be shared with?
We do not share any information with our partners and sponsors.
On our website, it will be clearly signposted where we need to ask your consent to share any information with our partners.
Any information that we do discuss and share with our partners only has non-personally-identifying information.
Do I have to provide this information and what happens if I don’t?
Knowsley Flower Show require this information in order to progress and agree the applications for exhibitors, as well as provide quality information for visitors.
You do have rights to your data, please see below.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Any financial information collected may be kept for up to seven years for audit purposes.
Any other data collected about exhibitors, comments or feedback will be stored for a maximum of three years.
How will my information be stored?
We do not use contact forms anywhere on this website – you can contact us either by post, phone or e-mail.
Will this information be used to make automated decisions about me? No.
Will my data be transferred abroad and why? No.
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: –
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the Council holds about you and find out what it is used for.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the Council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the Council to remove data that we hold about you.
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on Council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request.
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used.
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour. (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office Guide to the GDPR Individual Rights.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:
Data Protection Officer
Or email: Inforights@knowsley.gov.uk
Who Can I Complain To If I Am Unhappy About How My Data Is Used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: –
Data Protection Officer
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45